- Download SDL from http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.14-win32.zip .
- Decompress the archive.
- Copy SDL.dll from inside the bin folder to the your compilers bin directory (ie C:\Mingw\bin) This allows the compiler to find the dll at runtime time without having to put it in the same folder as your program or in the windows folder.
- Make a folder with name SDL in our C drive. Then copy lib and include folder from decompressed folder to SDL.
- Now open your Code::Blocks IDE.
- In start window, there you see a link for creating a new project
- Click on Create a new project link, then a dialog box will appear
- From Dialog box choose SDL project and click the Go button
- Give the name and path of the project and click the Next button
- Now Give the path of the SDL folder you have just created and Click Next
- Finally click the finish button and now you are ready to create your SDL project
Friday, December 2, 2011
How to setup SDL in Code::Blocks ?
Bibek Subedi is a computer engineering gratuate and founder of Programing Techniques. He loves researching in the field of Machine learning, data mining and Algorithms. He is a part time blogger, a bathroom singer (:D) and an employee of a software company. You can follow him in Twitter and find him in Facebook or mail him