- First of all make sure that the WAMP server is running if it is not running, start the server.
- Enter the URL http://localhost/phpmyadmin/setup in address bar of your browser.
- Create a folder named config inside C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin, the folder inside apps may have different name like phpmyadmin184.108.40.206
- Change the authentication type to ‘cookie’ and leave the username and password field empty but if you change the authentication type to ‘config’ enter the password for username root.
- Click save
- Now navigate to the config folder. Inside the folder there will be a file named config.inc.php. Copy the file and paste it out of the folder (if the file with same name is already there then override it) and finally delete the folder.
- Now you are done. Try to connect the mysql server again and this time you won’t get any error.
Monday, April 23, 2012
Troubleshooting MySQL error #1045 using WAMP
Bibek Subedi is a computer engineering gratuate and founder of Programing Techniques. He loves researching in the field of Machine learning, data mining and Algorithms. He is a part time blogger, a bathroom singer (:D) and an employee of a software company. You can follow him in Twitter and find him in Facebook or mail him