PHP Tutorial: The Operational Trail
In this section, I discuss about the operation of server to process PHP code.
When you request some file like http://yourdomain/hello.php on a web browser, as shown in above figure, then following different operations are performed on server.
- First web browser will make a request to the server to find a page
- The file is located on the hard drive of the server.
- Because it has .php extension, it needs to process the PHP code which is done by the server.
- If the file contains operations on database, then it sends/receives the data to/from database
- At last, server returns pure HTML code to the browser which browser can easily understand.