I have some suggestions for people who are about to write their first C application.
- Please do not try to build a big application. Start with a very very simple application, try to learn how it works and only then think about how to extend it to build relatively large application.
- Always start with console application, without including attractive graphics. To include graphics, you must learn about different graphics libraries. Just thing you are the beginner of C just trying to build some application, and if you include graphics then you must learn the graphics libraries more than C. This creates you confusion and you mind will be messed up. So please try to build some console application first.
- Try to include more programming constructs. Since building first application implies making you strong and confident in C, always try to include more and more programming constructs. This includes basics arithmetic operations, conditional statements (if, if else), loops ( while, do while, for), user defined functions, arrays, pointers, structure, dynamic memory allocation, file handling and if possible some low level operations. You just combine these techniques and try to build an application that includes most of them.
You can download the file for here.
Now for those who want some project ideas. There are lot of projects that you can do in C. For example, consider a project that keeps record of your daily expenses. And at the end of the month shows you the record of total expenses you did over a month along with on which items you made the expense. Similarly think of a application that keeps record of the employees in an organization, you can register new employee, search the employee, edit the record of employee and perform other various operation. or you can make simple non-graphics game like hangman, tic-tac-toe etc. Other various projects ideas are presented below
- Library management system
- Calendar application
- Employee record system
- Quiz application
- Student record system
- Electricity billing system
- Supermarket billing system
- Contact manager
- Simple encryption algorithm
- Physics problem solver
- Sudoku solver (difficult)
- Generate different start patterns
- Hospital management system
- Random number generator
- Electric circuit solver etc.